Hayden, ID 83835
Salary: $0.00 to $14.00 /hour
ReStore Pick-up and Delivery Driver
Full-Time 40 hours per week; reports to ReStore Manager; Scheduled days to be Monday through Friday 9-5. Accommodations may be needed for occasional other responsibilities.
The ReStore Driver demonstrates effective use of time and talents to ensure efficient delivery and pickup route management. The Habitat ReStore receives and sells overstocked, discontinued, new, and used materials. Activities include but are not limited to:
Knowledge of Habitat for Humanity
- Become familiar with the mission, vision, history of Habitat for Humanity of North Idaho. Must represent Habitat in a professional and courteous manner.
- Become knowledgeable of procedures regarding donated materials required of non-profit entities.
- Coordinates with ReStore Manager and other ReStore staff to arrange pickup and delivery of donated or purchased inventory.
- Depending on support availability will be responsible for all loading and unloading using hand trucks, pallet jacks, etc.
- Coordinates the record keeping for all materials handled.
- Responsible for safe driving and materials handling practices while using company vehicles.
- Must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the organization’s insurance requirements.
- Must be able to demonstrate customer service skills to work with delivery or pickup clientele.
General Store Support
- Provides support to the warehouse for processing of donation receiving and placement on the sales floor.
- Facilitates volunteer oversight when it involves delivery or pickup support.
- Must pass a Criminal Background check and Sexual Offender Registry check.
- Ability to spend the majority of the day standing or moving about ReStore and in/out of a truck.
- May need to lift objects up to 50 lbs.
- Work may require climbing ladders, stairs, bending, kneeling.
- Other duties as assigned.
Description of an ideal candidate:
- can pay close attention to detail
- can work independently and with minimal supervision
- possesses tact and diplomacy
- is well organized and can manage multiple tasks at once
- has strong verbal communication skills
- is self-motivated and goal oriented
- is flexible and adaptable